Sunday, August 5, 2012

Chick-Fil-A(holes) - The Conclusion Of the Exclusion


This should be a  "fun" post. (Not)

I think clarification is needed. I do not think people are quite clear on each others side.

-One side is on the religious kick. "Bible says" sort of deal. Read the bible, it lists lots of sins. And in their mind apparently gay is a big important one to fight. 

-One side is on the freedom of speech kick. First amendment thing. It is important to protect our rights.

-Another is hurt by the words said by a company that just publicly called them bad, wrong, and basically indirectly condemning them

-Lastly, there is a side upset not only by the hurtful words, but more so in learning that everything they bought, was funding causes they do not support. That earlier the company had been noted to say that they did not have anything against anyone, then come out with "ok, yeah we do. Oh and we fund it...with your money".

Realizing of course they can do what they want with their profits, but its the hurtfulness that bothers me most. And the feeling of betrayal in the funding organization that promote exclusion and not inclusion.

I side with Muppets.

I don't like the idea of hurting peoples feelings. I know of LOTS OF PARTS of the bible people break, this seems like nit picking at one thing in particular. Pointing out only these peoples thing, but not the make up, jewelry, short skirts, eating pig and shellfish, hair cutting, divorces, molestation, stealing, cursing, smoking, cheating, lying, etc. Everyone sins. Thats why god had to send Jesus, he knew we all couldn't NOT sin. Even those who think that they don't are sinning. EVERYONE DOES. 

Also, though I agree with the freedom of speech thing, I think ppl are going out of their way to use that considering if this had been applied in another scenario, say child molestation. "We like naked 10 year old girls. We send millions of your dollars to support NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Assc) in hopes to one day be able to have sex with children legally"

People would have a COW. 

Ehm, bad joke???



There is another side. The miscellaneous side of people not for either. Not choosing. I have a friend on this side who posted a great status...

"OK, so a whole bunch of people went to the chicken joint and stood up for their beliefs regarding marriage. That's all fine and good, but I ask you this... Was a single lost soul brought to know Christ in all of this? When did it become "us vs them" instead of "us FOR them?" Jesus didn't call us to be his morality police force, He called us to be shepherds of lost and hurting souls. 

To quote a good friends blog: "maybe we should be more concerned about standing “with” Jesus versus being concerned about standing “up” for Him."

Think of what we could accomplish if we banded together like that for something like child hunger, homelessness, slavery, child exploitation, or any number of REAL tragedies in this world. Think of how many could be saved if we made THAT our rally point. Just my thoughts and opinion on the whole "situation." 

Matthew 22:37-40 "37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy NEIGHBOUR as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." - Denny Ray Hahn





I do agree. I do not like fighting with people. But I'm pretty strong feeling against hurting peoples feelings. 
Yes, I make random jokes towards people that can seem rough. But, being that I have one arm and never felt quite like I fit in with people, I strived to be "careless" and open and outgoing to work past the awkwardness of not ever really fitting in. Not even that well with others people consider like you simple cause they were born funny too. It sucks to feel like its the world vs you. I would never wish that on anyone.

Christians make up a HUGE % of America. 

"The majority of Americans (76% to 80%) identify themselves as Protestants or Catholics, accounting for 51% and 25% of the population respectively, according to one survey by Trinity College.[4] Other religions including JudaismBuddhismIslamHindu collectively make up about 5% of the adult population.[4][5][6] Another 15% of the adult population claim no religious affiliation.[4] When asked, about 5.2% said they did not know, or refused to reply.[4] According to the American Religious Identification Survey, religious belief varies considerably by region. The lowest rate is in the West with 59% reporting a belief in God, and the highest rate in the South at 86%.[4][7]"

So that makes the others the underdogs in this fight.


(CNSNews.com) –While a recent Gallup poll showed that U.S. adults, on average, think homosexuals make up about 25 percent of the entire population, official data  reveal that gays and lesbians comprise between 2 percent and 4 percent of the population.
In a May 5-8 telephone survey, Gallup asked more than 1,000 U.S. adults in all 50 states: “Just your best guess, what percent of Americans today would you say are gay or lesbian?”
The adults polled estimated that 25 percent – one quarter of all Americans – are gay or lesbian.
According to Gallup, over half of Americans (52 percent) said that at least one in five Americans is homosexual, and 35 percent estimated more than one in four. Only 30 percent estimated under 15 percent.
However, official estimates of the homosexual population range from 2 to 4 percent – well under the 25 percent “guesstimate.”




I'm inclined to sit on that side of the table. I'll take them over bigotry. Which is all it is to me. Siding with bigots. I don't buy the free speech thing. Though most now would argue to "stick to their guns" now that they picked, I still think that if this was about something much more shocking that he said "I like chopping up women" or "we are secretly funding the antichrist" that people would not care about "freedom of speech". 

It's a double edged sword that right.  
Not to say rights are bad. Its just like when you say "Freedom of religion", and then people get into voodoo, satanisim, and other various cults and racists or violent religions. Then they are protected too. So are there PRACTICES.  We love our system, our FREEDOMS, but so does bad, so does evil. Not saying it should change, I'm just saying this complicates things. Makes them less here or there, black or white, cold or hot. Makes for more gray area. 





(We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.)

It's also not the only issue. As I stated, I was more "lost" to the chick side after reading they use the profits to fund homo hating companies. Funding hate = bad. Those funds could be sheltering homeless, feeding children, building jobs, assisting with healthcare to those in need, SAVING ANIMALS, helping the environment, etc. Even spreading gods word NICELY in other countries.
Its tainted hate money, instead of help money. 



Besides, its just fast food. It's not like I'm giving up breathing, just junk food. 
However, I will make my attempts to avoid anything within my power to do so that does something I really do not agree with. All I got were milkshakes, I can get those somewhere else. 



Anyway, I think that America is ready to move past this. Both sides got something out of this. Chick-fil-a ppl made their point, The equality side made it's.  As the title of the link above says... "Now, let's move on to a bigger problem". Lets fight something WORTH FIGHTING. Let's fix something WORTH FIXING. 


I know that there will be others rolling their eyes at me for posting this. I know crowns will be made, feathers will be ruffled. I am not trying to do that. Just thought some clarification was in order. It's always good to see all sides. I totally SEE the FREEDOM OF SPEECH SIDE, I understand everything on the CHRISTIANS SIDE, and I adore the STOP FIGHTING side. I get all of them. I have no beef with anyone who RIGHTLY picked their side for a GOOD reason. (i.e - not hate filled). This is my side.

The Muppet side.

There will be no more posting on this. I KNOW everyone is tired of this, drained, and no one really wants to fight each other. (Except maybe feminists) So let there be light. Let there be peace. Let there be love.


Next blog will be a happy one. Happy wife/life part 2 coming soon. Then maybe another complex one. Supernatural, conspiracy, theories..... Fun stuff.